- 4 stalks broccoli typically two packaged bunches
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese divided
- 2 cups crushed wheat crackers divided
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Cut the broccoli florets off the stalks. If any of the florets are much larger than the others, cut them so they’re all pretty much the same size. Place the florets in a pot and add enough water to cover the bottom. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium and continue boiling for about 8 to 10 minutes. If the pot starts to dry, add a little water. Cook the florets just past crisp tender.
- Drain the pot into a colander. Let the pot dry for a minute, then return the broccoli to the pot. Add 3 cups of cheese and the mayonnaise. Stir vigorously. Add 1 1/2 cups of crumbs and stir vigorously again.
- Scoop the casserole into a casserole dish. Top with remaining cheese and remaining cracker crumbs. Bake for 20 minutes, and serve.