Makes 12 sticks
- 1 cake firm tofu ( 16 ounces) . drained and pressed
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced or pressed
- 1 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1.5 teaspoon ground black pepper
- pinch of cayenne, to taste
- 3 tablespoons almond flour
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar I teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped scallions
- Cut the cake of tofu horizontally into three equal slices. Stack the slices and cut down through them vertically in parallel lines, dividing the cake first into halves the quarters, and finally eighths, to yield 24 sticks. Arrange the tofu sticks in a baking dish in a single layer.
- Mix together the soy sauce, rice vinegar, and garlic and drizzle over the tofu sticks . Set aside for about 30 minutes, turning once after 15 minutes, so the tofu absorbs the marinade evenly.
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Lightly spray or oil a baking tray.
- In a large sallow bowl, mix together the bread crumbs, parsley, paprika, salt. pepper, and cayenne. In a separate shallow bow l, whisk together the almond flour and water until smooth. Dip each marinated tofu stick into the flour mixture and then coat well with the seasoned bread crumbs. Arrange the breaded sticks on the baking sheet so they’re not touching and bake for about 30 minutes, until crisp and hot .
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dipping sauce ingredients.
- Serve the baked tofu sticks warm, accompanied by the dipping sauce.
Source: Moosewood Restaurant New Classics